| Hopi Ear Candles are named after the American Indian Hopi tribe, respected for their knowledge and experience of healing techniques and their spiritual peace loving lifestyle. Although the techniques used today are derived from the Hopi tribe, thermo auricular therapy dates back centuries when it was used by the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks. Hopi Ear Candles are hand made hollow tubes moulded from natural linen fabric impregnated with honey and powdered Indian medicinal herbs including: Sage, St Johns Wort and Camomile. The treatment of Hopi Ear Candles lasts approximately 30 minutes. It involves positioning a candle in one of the ears and allowing it to burn to a measured level before gently removing it and extinguishing it in water. The ear can then be massaged to stimulate the pressure points on the ear, lymph nodes around the ear and the general blood flow through the ear. The second ear is then worked on in the same way before the entire face can be worked on with a pressure point and drainage massage to stimulate the general release of blockages in the sinuses and ears and the flow of lymph and blood.
Benefits of Hopi ear candles include:
The only contra-indications listed for this treatment include perforated eardrums, where grommets have been inserted or allergies to any of the ingredients in the ear candles.
- Ear or sinus problems including Sinusitis.
- Irritations in the nose – Rhinitis.
- Soothing effects for over irritability and stress related symptoms.
- Noises and ringing in the ears – Tinitis
- Build up of earwax.
- Revitalisation for certain hearing impairments.
- Pressure regulation for conditions such as: – headaches, migraines, sinusitis and Rhinitis.
- Circulatory problems in the ear.
- Local stimulation to lymph flow and local metabolism.
- Stimulation of energy circulation.